We have moved!


(pardon our dust)

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

How do you say that?

How do you pronounce Tateru, anyway? Seems there are a lot of notions.

Here's how.

Who was close?

10 comments:

  1. I got it 90% close. And I'd argue the other 10% as possible differences in accent, not actual pronunciation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as I figured. Now, your last name, on the other hand...I keep wanting to pronounce it like "Niño." Yes, I am originally from Southern Cal, why do you ask? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I guess I'm going to have to stop pronouncing it like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pablo Andalso1:11 AM

    So it has standard Japanese pronunciation... (ああ、そうですか。) And here I was pronouncing it with an "æ" vowel (much as I pronounce the name of the web browser Camino).

    It has a nice rhythm that way: Táteru Níno. I guess I have a soft spot for the dactyl + trochee structure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heiko Decatur6:08 AM

    pretty close, I've been putting more emphasis on ru

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not close in the slightest. Though I would say that the rhythm of "TATT-er-roo NEE-no" comes naturally in English. (Comes naturally to me anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I guess "Tater Roo" is right out, huh? And, yeah, I was in the "KNEE-nyo" crowd, too. I can tell, SL voice is going to be painful for some of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:51 AM

    just about exactly as I pronounce it, perhaps me being brasilian has somthing to do with it...

    --TigroSpottystripes Katsu

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was fairly close. I guess all that anime paid off <.<

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.